Burned out building across the river, one rope left of bridge, new-ish bell. Thrash rang the bell (of course). Creepy humanoid thing came up out of the river and said, “My crossing, my price. The Stag Lord will pay with his bones.”
Crooked, Forked Tree
We recognize it from the map from the trapdoor spider’s den. Buried beneath the tree is a masterwork dagger, wand of burning hands, silver ring (75gp), spellbook. Spellbook is mostly ruined, but it looks like 5 spells are retrievable: identify, mage armor, reduce person, silent image, unseen servant.
Fang Berry Bushes
We fought a two spider swarms. Thank the gods for that Wand of Burning Hands.
AND THEN WE LEVELED!
The Stag Lord’s Camp
● The Kobolds provided us a lovely map of the camp. (Thanks, Elean!)
● We hatched a brilliant plan for Elean to sneak over the wall, incapacitate guards, and open the gate. …but, then, ZOMBIE landmines happened.
● While Elean was dealing with the zombies and distracting guards on the backside of the keep, we decided to commit a frontal assault.
● Graeme cast Knock on the front gate as Thrash ran forward to cover our approach with Obscuring Mist.
● There was a great skirmish inside the keep. There was much Grease and a Flaming Sphere or two. There were some badass villains we laid waste with our superior tactics and a raging barbarian.
● And then the Stag Lord released his pet Owlbear, and they joined the fight. Alas, they were too little too late. …especially as we had convinced one of the previously mentioned badasses (Akiros Ismort) to switch sides.
● Handel quickly dispatched the Owlbear, and then we had a snipe hunt for the Stag Lord who appeared to be super deadly with a bow, but not so much of a challenge in melee.